TPT

Facebook Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Email Image Map

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Electric Houses!

Electric houses? More like electric wow-ses! :) I'm sorry... but it'll get funnier the more you think about it...

I finally finished up my packet on all our supplemental activities for our electricity work, and it has my favorite fourth grade project: the electric house! Wooo! I made a sample a few years back, and I like to take it out and just stare at it every once in a while... it was something I made while I was pregnant, so my nesting hormones were going crazy and spending hours designing an electric house meant to look like a candy shop was absolutely a good use of my time. But I love it!! I mean, what's not to love? It has a cake that spins on an electric motor, (hidden inside the cake display stand of course), and it incorporates math skills, science skills, problem solving skills, art, ... best project ever!! The only problem with it is, it's not cheap; it costs at least $4 per house, and that's if you're asking students to bring in batteries, boxes, and help with decorating supplies. But I could work on this project every day. Here's my candy shop:


Now imagine that the cake is spinning... amazing right? Ahhhh. I'm going to go play with my electric house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment